DISCERN GROUPS: College Peer Groups centered around call and Preaching
- WTS is partnering with four colleges to encourage students to discern and pursue gifts in preaching.
- We will provide resources and support to form one peer group per campus that will focus on discerning call to ministry, specifically preaching.
- An online “pathway” to guide discussion and discernment
- Food, lodging, and registration at the Bast Preaching Festival
- $2,000 to cover the cost of a group retreat and group meetings
- $1,000 for the group facilitator (to be named by campus ministry staff)
- There is no cost for the students to participate; they would simply be asked to sign a covenant of participation.
- That every student would discern a call to ministry and investigate inklings for preaching.
- That every student would grow in their love for scripture, their love for the church, and their love for the proclamation of God’s word.
- That every student would have an opportunity to preach during the group experience (either in a local church, a campus worship service, or to the group).
- Central College – Contact Joel Brummel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northwest College – Contact Karen Barker at email@example.com
- Grand Valley State University – Contact Scott Stark at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope College - Contact Trygve Johnson at email@example.com
As we plan our upcoming peer groups, feel free to add your name to our inquiry list.
For more information, please contact:
Lindsay Small, Associate Director of Bast Preaching Initiatives, WTS
616.392.8555 ext. 187