If your congregation is accepted, you will:
Confirm your participation with a one-time $750 contribution. Additional costs for the multi-day virtual events, coaching, training, and additional resources are funded by a generous gift from the Lilly Endowment, Inc.
Identify a team leader and four additional team members to invest in the journey. Team members must include a pastor or minister of the church, a lay leadership team member (consistory, session, board, etc.), and three additional congregants. Ideally, these people will represent a variety of age groups and perspectives. An effective team includes at least one person who:
- Brings energy and has influence
- Who is a teen or young adult
- Who lives in the neighborhood or attends a local school
- Who loves to talk to people and hear their stories
- Who is not afraid to ask difficult questions
- Who can help name and celebrate the work of your team
- Who knows how to organize work, assign tasks, and get things done
Commit the team leader to 20 hours of project engagement per month. This time will include participating in group and team lead coaching calls, organizing the team, and communicating with members of the congregation as the project unfolds.
Commit the four additional team members to 5-10 hours of project engagement per month. This time will include interviewing neighbors, exploring the community, and participating in group coaching calls.
Commit all team members to participate in each of the on-campus or digital gatherings.